Hey Yu!

Friday, February 20, 2004

After not exercising (this is embarrassing) since last summer – (I think I went running ONCE since the school year started and that time, I stopped after 10 minutes b/c it got cold )– I decided to enroll in a step-aerobics class at West LA College. 2 cool things – it’s close to my place and it’s dirt cheap! I’ve been holding out on a gym b/c it’s just so pricey – but these classes are 2x/week from now until June and only cost a total of $30! Super deal.

I was so surprised that I could not only keep up with the pace of the class but also was not even breaking a sweat. Apparently, standing up all day teaching kept SOME of my muscle mass in tact. I decided to go all out and add a bunch of arm movements to make it more of a workout. My body not only responded but felt like it had been yearning for this sort of activity. I walked out so proud of myself and feeling good.

Aren’t you supposed to get sore the NEXT day? Well, the pain started abou 2 hours after I got home – I can barely lift my arms…maybe I went a little too crazy. But very much looking forward to next Tuesday’s class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home