Hey Yu!

Friday, March 03, 2006

I didn’t update this, but my car got hit earlier this year. Luckily, it was while I was parked, but the damage was not small – at least the person who hit me was honest enough to come find me and give me all her info! I mention this now only b/c I find it incredibly odd how many times I can have car drama… I got hit *again* today!! The slippery rain prevented the lady behind me from stopping completely until she launched my car forward several feet. This time at least, the damage is minor (but I might have whiplash?). That’s how many vehicle-related incidents in the past year and a half?

On a much happier note, here’s my hiking update...

yes, i've actually kept it up! woohoo! =) it's been pretty cool to "get away" from the hustle and bustle of the city and hide in these pockets of nature for a few hours. on a side note, part of my original intent was to exercise and be a bit more fit...but i think it created a huge spike in my appetite b/c i've gained something like 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks! eeeek!

On President's Day, we headed out a little further than usual (over near Arcadia) to see one of the prettiest waterfalls in socal. What was supposed to be a 4-mile hike ended up being closer to 12 miles because the road up to the trailhead was blocked off. That darn road was a bit longer than we anticipated! But it was worth it... the nature-y sections (which made up only ~20% of the hike) were really charming.

pretty!

ubu (my fearless small grp leader), my faithful hiking partner, and me. surprisingly, none of us were sore afterwards!
------


This past weekend, the hike (Santa Ynez Falls) was rather easy so we kept veering off the trail to explore different areas…

we went up, over, and under a lot of miscellaneous things on our path.










--------- you can't tell, but i'm wearing a google shirt and was asked during the hike whether i worked there. haha, i wish!

------------------

and on a completely different but even happier note, I've had a wonderful time growing in my prayer life recently. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home