Hey Yu!

Friday, February 08, 2008

How is it already February??

ack, i feel like i haven't quite wrapped up 2007 so before i update about NOW, here are some random thoughts of yesteryear...

-From mid-December, congrats to A&T for their 2nd beautiful daugther!
the miracle of life is indeed amazing... & this little girlie is sooo cute! btw, it seems like everyone i know is pregnant - so beware, if you know me, you might be too!

-I spent a week at home for Christmas...and gained 8 pounds during that time!! yikes!!
picture @ my grandma's house with my bro and our cousins

-Tallies:
9 weddings
15 trips (Houston 4x, Bay Area 2x, Mammoth, Julian, Oahu, Beijing, Atlanta, Vegas, Tijuana + school-related ones: Idyllwild, Catalina)

----
i feel really behind... seriously, where did January go??
this is super late, but imitating my Jan 3, 2007 blog, here's my list looking back on noteable favorites for the year: (of course, w/ completely arbitrary categories)

Movies:
Action/story-telling: Apocalypto
Disturbing: Crimes and Misdemeanors & Sophie's Choice
Re-seen: Braveheart

Books:
The Good News About Injustice
(hmm...no separate categories b/c i didn't read much this year...or rather, i started a million books and never finished them. arg, bad habit to start!)

TV:
The Office - i know, i discovered this kinda late in the game...

Food:
-steak at Mastro's...actually, i liked the lobster mashed potatoes even more...
-Cousin Olive's corn pudding at a joint community group potluck
-shrimp risotto and fruit tart at Eric's wedding
-shaved ice at Matsumoto's

Gifts received:
-cards (do people write these anymore??)
-mixing bowls
-AmEx giftcards (from a couple parents of my students)

Purchases:
-Canon PowerShot SD800 IS (bought w/ birthday $)
-Northface 3-in-1 ski jacket (partially bought w/ a GC mentioned above)
-Trench coat (also partially bougth w/ GCs - woo-hoo!)
here i am @ Wicked modeling my lovely trench coat...
but also, who is that i'm with? =)


so i'll call the lucky guy above "D" - and he's lucky b/c he's w/ me. haha, just kidding! actually, part of the reason i haven't updated my blog in so long is that i haven't known what to say about him w/o gushing how amazing he is (and how lucky *I* am). he's terrific!

and since this is my blog and i can say whatever i want, why not gush? heehee...
he's brilliant, insightful, servant-hearted, incredibly affirming, and i could go on and on, but best of all, he's confident enough to be vulnerable. in fact, he's instated that our #1 rule is that we laugh at ourselves in this relationship. and laugh we do - a LOT. it's been fun. =)

my students are going to walk in any minute now so i have to cut this off, but i'm sure you'll hear about him again... =)
have a great weekend! (i'm going snowboarding!!)

3 Comments:

  • hey girl! cute pictures! i'm glad all is well and busy! hope to see ya soon!
    hugs from SoCal!
    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 12, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

  • I like your tallies, Michelle :)
    And, you two are TOO cute! It's great that you can gush -- I don't know anyone more deserving of a wonderful relationship :)

    By Blogger JENN, at February 13, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

  • teaching's going pretty well -- every day is a part of a learning adventure in this massive upward climb to where I can only assume you become a "seasoned teacher" and you feel slightly more confident ;) . . . v-day was fine (except for the mess they left for the custodians) since I elected to have them watch the Romeo and Juliet movie -- one of the best decisions I have ever made!
    this weekend is becoming a haze of grading and inputting, but I hope to see you at church tomorrow.

    By Blogger JENN, at February 17, 2008 at 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home