Hey Yu!

Friday, March 21, 2003

Two things happen when I get really nostalgic. With this recent bout of nostalgia, I also realized two things.

The first thing I do is flip through ALL of my available pictures. Since i'm still in an unstable time in my life locationally, most of my pictures are packed away somewhere in Houston, but I do have all my scrapbooks from my college years with me. Even though they take a long time to make and I'm not very artistic, I'm so glad I made them. With them, it's easy to do a quick overview of several years.

My first realization was for charles' sake - this nostalgic bout was well timed. While I was flipping through my (unfinished) senior-year book, i remembered that as one of the best years of my life. and in a way, I have not been letting Charles enjoy his senior year to the fullest. It's the little things...like how I'm always bugging him to come visit me or when I get annoyed that he hasn't talked to me for a couple days. These were pressures from which I was definitely free. Not that I ever want him to pretend that he's girlfriend-free, but I do hope to be a more encouraging presence in his life instead of a nagger.

My second realization came after I told some people the other thing I do when I get nostalgic. I try on every dress that I currently own. Totally a shock to me, but I guess that's weird? I have no idea where this started, but it always happens, usually before even the pictures come out. N-e-ways, both actions make me happy and I guess that's all that matters when thinking about the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home