Hey Yu!

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

went hard-core camping for the first time. gosh, i didn't realize backpacks were so heavy! but walking 2 miles to our campsite with all the stuff necessary for just 2 days wore a number on my lower back. Of course, not as bad as sleeping on several large rocks without a sleeping pad - bad idea. When i woke myself up around 6 in the morning, i tried to comfort myself by pretending i was the girl from the fairytale "the Princess and the Pea." maybe i'm really a princess...? heehee, yeah right, but i still reserve the right to act like one sometimes. =)

It was really nice, though, to be out in the middle of nowhere near a very beautiful lake. Luckily, no bears attacked us or our food (which was hoisted up into a tree), and the filter for the water apparently worked because no one got really sick with the bacteria from the lake. However, I rediscovered my absolute hate for mosquitos. Having grown up in Houston, i became well acquainted with these horrid little creatures, and I've always thought one of the first questions i would ask God is why He created them. As food for certain birds and bugs? To spread disease? or simply to teach us patience? I can't believe people like Mellanie exist - she's not allergic to mosquito bites (meaning she does NOT itch. repeat, she doesn't itch!) and they actually don't really even like her or something b/c she doesn't get bit very often. ACK! we need to clone that gene and splice it into everyone. maybe i should stop being a teacher and make my millions that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home