Hey Yu!

Monday, March 31, 2003

my iguana got out today. i have never had a personal pet before but this year, i somehow ended up with an iguana which i keep in my classroom at school. i don't think i should be allowed to own a pet because i'm terrible. i'm actually scared of the thing - which became very evident when it got out of its cage today. saying i kind of "freaked out" would be an understatement. luckily, the incident occurred during lunch. i asked a couple girls to refill his water bowl and when they opened the door, the iguana (Fred) *jumped* out. I didn't know iguanas were so agile! then it commenced to run around my class while i tried to shut every door and blockade any other exits. while I ran over to my co-workers' rooms in an effort to enlist their help, the girls mananged to corner Fred back into his cage. wow, they are heroes in my eyes! how embarrassing for me as a science teacher! eeeek!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home