Hey Yu!

Monday, May 01, 2006

*Sorry, this is so late* Spring break...(was a few weeks ago)

I had a lovely vacation this year visiting NYC and going home to Houston. In fact, it was so nice that almost forgot what work feels like, and I've had such a hard time getting back into gear. argg...

What did i do in the big apple? i ate & ate & ate! There are so many dessert places in that city, and w/ my ridiculous, unsatiable sweet-tooth, it was a bad combination. On many days, i ate at multiple cafes between *each* of my meal! This time when my mom commented on my weight as soon as I got home, I didn't argue her point.

When i wasn't stuffing food into my face, I caught up w/ friends...

the fabulously happily engaged couple and me eating brunch (I felt so "Sex & the City")

after an AMAZING Redeemer service, mel & I walked the Brooklyn Bridge. i couldn't believe how clear it was!

my roommie from college!

i hadn't seen this crazy girl in *ages* but it was as if no time had passed at all. neither of us had grown up very much. =) thank you for skipping class and hanging out w/ me!

I also took a quick trip to philly to visit the Sy's and Darlene! but i forgot to take pictures so i have no proof except my wonderful memories.

One of the coolest parts of my trip was getting to know the significant others of my good girlfriends. A lot of my guy friends are dating/married and with some other friends, I met the couples as a unit... but I haven't been able to witness too many girlfriends go thru the whole relationship process. It was a joy to spend time w/ these girls in their couple-hood, witness how they've changed as a result, and clearly see why these men have captured their hearts.

Speaking of travels, though, I think my plans to serve in Asia this summer are *finally* coming together. It's been a lenghty, sluggish process but I'll update on that soon! how in the world is it May already...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home