Hey Yu!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

3 performances this weekend:
1. by a bride: an entrance in this~

as Susan stepped off the Cinderella carriage and onto the aisle, everyone gasped and clapped. isn't it so pretty? i guess that's the perk of getting married at Disneyland - a real fairytale entrance...

2. by me: the bridal party needed a stand-in female for the 1st dance and somehow i was volunteered. of course, i was more than happy to oblige, except it was a bit awkward considering the attendant-of-honor didn't even know who i was... serendipitously, he ended up being a stanford grad who had taken all the social dance classes! it had been sooo long since i'd cross-stepped waltzed! what fun!

3. by me (again): knowing i was needed for the 1st dance, i left the reception to use the restroom beforehand. however, as i walked down the hall, i thought i heard the attention being drawn to the center of the room (it was, for the cake-cutting)... but thinking i was late for the dance, i started running back. my 3.5" heel caught on the carpet, and i slipped out of my left shoe and slid 2 feet flat on the floor! clumsy me now has a huge ugly scab on my knee. As i picked myself up, i wasn't thinking "How did this happen?," but rather, "Gosh, this hasn't happened in a while!"

the girls who helped set-up the reception. can you tell i spent 40 minutes straightening my hair?

4 times in life when i'm really useful:
1. when you need to keep a baby distracted. i will play, play, play!
2. if you need someone to laugh at your jokes or cry w/ you (i know, i'm kinda extreme in my emotions...)
3. if you need a date who will be comfortable w/ anyone and in any setting
4. when you're moving. i *love* to organize and pack and even unpack. so put me to use!

3 recent things:
1. i've done this twice in the last 2 weeks~
& boy do i stink! i used to be somewhat decent but now breaking 100 is a big deal... and yesterday, i pulled a muscle in my back releasing the 1st ball of the evening. oh brother.

2. i went running today. yes, ME. for all of 8 minutes. =) i really really wished i liked running.

3. i've been somewhat down lately & i find that when i am, i'm horribly scared to be alone. i wish it wasn't so. i know it's a symptom of my extrovertedness, but doesn't it also show a lack of awareness that i'm never really alone b/c God is w/ me? anyways, i made no plans tonight so that i could spend time by myself. not all that scary...there's light at the end of the tunnel.

p.s. - i AM going to china this summer and i promise to get my support/update letters out soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home