Hey Yu!

Friday, February 23, 2007

i'm sick...

so i missed 2 days of school this week. i hate missing work - but i didn't feel too guilty since i spent the greater part of last weekend in bed. plus, my eyes were so bloodshot red that when i walked in on Wed morning, i looked pure evil and even teachers backed away scared...so they sent me home.

i actually came back to work today more b/c i was bored than healthy. it's good for me to focus on others... sitting at home all alone for so many days, i became self-absorbed and emotional. it shows that despite overcoming my biggest fear (loneliness), i'm still quite an extrovert.

it's amazing how quickly i forget what it's like to be sick. i know it's obvious, but i'm taken aback by how MISERABLE it is. perhaps it's b/c i have a short-term memory for negative things (yes, i have a very rosy past - at least in my mind) or perhaps i take being healthy for granted, but it's a shocker to realize how fragile i am - and how my physical wellbeing bleeds into my emotional and spiritual health as well. reminds me so firmly why i rely on God for strength and not myself.

the one great thing was having so much time to read. and 2 of the books i'm in the middle of are non-fiction - is that a sign that i'm growing up or getting nerdier? but i did sneak in time to watch 3 episodes of a korean drama my dad burned for me. i still need my cheesy, emo fix. =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home