Hey Yu!

Friday, January 05, 2007

the winds of change

to counteract my recent insomnia, i've been going on 25-min walks every day (yes, a pitiful amt of exercise but a lot compared to my normal routine). today, i went on one during my break at work and wow, i *love* the wind! earlier this morning it wasn't so cool as it pushed my little corolla this way and that, but being out in k-town, it's exhilarating! it makes the heart beat faster, my steps a little quicker, and makes me contemplate about how invisible things can be so powerful.

side-note: i wonder if latino and black men have always found me attractive or is it just when i'm dressed up for work w/ my sunglasses covering 1/2 my face? i got a couple whistles and it only makes me laugh. =)

this is my favorite quote of the year so far: (from a professional development on poetry) "Children come to us w/ active imaginations. Kindergartners in particular often arrive w/ the line between reality and imagination only faintly drawn in their minds. They leap effortlessly into that other world through their play and drawing. The creative and non-rational side of their mind is not only immediately accessible but forms a large part of their thinking."

i wish i cold "leap effortlessly into that other world" - back and forth, the way kids love to do. i've always felt that my imagination needed a great deal of work, but how do i work on it?

speaking of which, watching the kids play during recess, i noticed that they naturally enjoy challenges (or at least ~98% of them do). every time they're out on the playground, they instinctively come up with new goals: wanting to skip more and more rungs on the monkey bars, backing further and further away from the bball hoop, doing more and more cartwheels in succession. It’s something we’re seeminly wired w/. So what happens when we get older? We stop embracing challenges, or at least I know I stop here and there. but i'm hoping that 2007 will not be so. may i put myself in situations that are more challenging than comfortable and as a result, grow.

when did i become so prolific? now if i could only make these blogs as fun to read as they are to write...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home