Hey Yu!

Monday, December 04, 2006

for some reason, i didn't think i'd like it that much...but i did. =)

after a week of struggling w/ jetlag, i'm pretty much back to "normal."
so...what did i do in Korea?
i had a *lot* of fun. and i was treated sooo well by all my wonderful hosts!

the highlights:
- public restrooms in subway stations (that were immaculately clean!)
- meeting all my goals (from 11/16 entry)... except the 3rd one - i found out how awful my Korean really is and i most definitely did NOT pass myself off as a native during any stretch of time.
- the 2 days spent in southeastern Korea
- getting to pray for my roommate's dad
- yummy yummy street vendors & banana milk
- getting pampered by family friends w/ a haircut & a (fobby) manicure
- the weather - fall is *BEAUTIFUL* & Seoul is filled with trees
- floor heating in homes
- toilet seat warmers
- being forced to go on a so-geh-ting (eeek!) =)
- accidentally assaulting my roommate's future father-in-law with a greasy, chewed-up shrimp tail. it was a Pretty Woman moment. actually, that wasn't a "highlight" of mine b/c i was speechless & horrified, but my roommate sure had a blast.

& sorry Ji, b/c i was following others around the whole time, i wasn't able to set my own agenda and do any of your suggestions BUT... i DID get to pray over the NK border!



models of the area i visited. they had all sorts of interesting NK stuff - like elementary school books w/ information that said all S.Korean kids are starving to death, etc.











across the river is NK

my roommate's uncle requested that we visit him in Ulsan, and i think he took us to every single tourist sight in the area! this is at one of the (many) Buddhist temples. aren't the trees gorgeous??

the Pacific Ocean from the other side



lots of good eating! in fact, too much good eating...















and of course, shopping... for some (hopefully) non-fobby clothes

fun fun. and i'm so thankful to my roommate, her family, and my family's friends who took such good care of me. it's nice being spoiled on a vacation!

2 Comments:

  • wow, I'm so jealous...fall in Seoul must be great! I love getting a haircut in Korea - they're way more stylish than California.

    By Blogger jieungrace, at December 4, 2006 at 11:43 PM  

  • hey michele!

    great update on your travels! reminds me of this summer in china together a bit...i miss asia. :)

    miss you!
    love,
    kristen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 5, 2006 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home