Hey Yu!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summertime!

despite the recent june gloom over LA and the fact that school is still in session, i've embraced summer early this year since i'll be gone for 6 weeks of july and august. other than eating McD's 49 cent ice cream cones 3 days in a row, rollerblading at the beach, and wearing skirts as often as possible, I've been enjoying:

Dodger game (w/ GREAT seats!) - first live game in a long, long time...

swimming! no one else at the pool party besides joe jumped in b/c it was COLD...but i *love* being in water. i was actually in a bikini for the first time ever, but nobody saw me b/c i was in the pool before anyone arrived and stayed there until everyone left!

(why do i keep doing that w/ my hands? weirdo...) hiking @ Griffith Park. i'm camouflaged - haha.

crazy, clear view of LA

hiking @ Malibu Creek State Park - breathtakingly beautiful

the hike at Malibu was incredible. with each turn up the hill, we glimpsed a bigger and bigger view of the valley. and then i made the oh-so-profound statement, "It's like God!" What i meant was that He just seems to get so much bigger as I get older and grow in my relationship with Him. I've been amazed recently by His..."big-ness" (esp. in my OT studies). His great love, intimate care, and sovereignty. and yet, i seem to only find more and more of myself that I have still to abandon to Him. I have so far to go in surrendering completely.

I'm hoping that this coming summer's experiences will get me a bit closer. Little by little on this journey...

News:
*I'm at 3/4ths my support! Wow!

*I ran into a student from my very first year of teaching. He's graduating high school! And just as he's moving on, so am I. I'm taking a position as a science teacher at a private elementary school next year. I'll be teaching 2nd-6th graders. Lots more work but a great learning experience for me.

*I've somehow become a gadget-girl. I own a (very cute) pink razr phone w/ a bluetooth headset - both of which i got for free! and as of today, I also own a black ipod nano - which was definitely not free. *sigh* the effects of materialism??

*I just received the title to my car! My banged up little corolla is all mine now. =)

it's waaay too late and i still have 1.5 weeks left of school! g'nite!

1 Comments:

  • a bikini! a razr (i knew this already)! and an ipod! whoa michele - you're living it up!!! haha. i'm glad you're enjoying the summer...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 14, 2006 at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home