Hey Yu!

Friday, June 30, 2006

tiring but fulfilling week...

so what've i been doing since i have all the time in the world now?? mainly, running around like a chicken w/ my head cut off! like the pic? (that, by the way, is a "chicken head" referred to in my May 9th post)

most of my time has been spent helping pick things like:




not mine, of course... but beautiful, huh? =) bridesmaiding is fun!







On another afternoon, i moved:

all the junk from my classroom - soooo many boxes!

thank goodness for freakishly strong small group member w/ truck! Sorry ladies, he’s taken – unfortunately, not by me. =)

into my new classroom! it's gonna take me *days* to organize...

Driving all around town, i got to listen to my new nano. My music collection was so ridiculously small that i've been accepting donations... and i found out that of all the cd's, my favorite so far has been "Gloria's Country Chicks." I wish I could blame it on the Texan in me, but i think it's just 'cause i'm such a sucker for CHEESE! (yes, i watched and cried during Cars - did you expect any differently?)

Which leads me to a list of Ways I feel very loved:
-when you ask me for help & make me feel useful - unless you're asking me to plan something...then, i'll take it as a sign that you hate me. =)
-when you help me stop bad habits (like biting my nails!)
-when you surprise me
-when you teach me something very patiently
-when you drive me some place
-when you tease me (about anything except my driving...)
-when you comment on my blog or write to me while i'm out of the country (hint hint!)

Hope (my friend since 7th grade who loves me very much) mentioned to me that I sound more like myself than i have in years. I've been contemplating what that means... who have i been these last few years? Well, whoever i was, I think, ultimately, that it's a result of the fact that my identity wasn't wrapped around Christ. Not to say that i'm successful now because i fail daily, but at least I'm actively trying to place all of my identity in Him...and ironically, i end up w/ an amplified, very happy "me."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home