Hey Yu!

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

what's going on? 2 entries in one day? well, school has started and I guess i should at least mention that this year is starting out better than last. i STILL think i started out too nice! why can't i adopt the philosophy of other teachers, "Don't smile until November..." Every book on classroom management says that you'll hate life later if you start out too nice. doh!

oh well, i can't undo the past but at least i got some pretty nice kids this year. i love having honors kids because i can understand most of them better. that makes me feel like such a snob. i guess that's why i try even harder in my other classes to connect with students, especially by leaving my door open during lunch and nutrition so that they can come talk to me (or at the very least, talk to my iguana). unfortunately, my worst behaved and low-motivated kids definitely will never come unless they have detention so it's hardest to reach them. i'm still honing my personal philosophy of education and teaching and so i'm all up in the air about what i think about all this...who i should try to serve the most. i guess i'll talk about that later sometime. it's getting too late for this tired teacher. g'nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home