Hey Yu!

Monday, May 09, 2005

i'm really really done w/ my boards now! this past saturday, i took the assessment portion of the ceritifcation process and felt soooo relieved when it was over - even if i didn't do too well. The most upsetting part, though, was that i almost wasn't allowed to take it! As I was signing in, the guy at the front desk asked to see my passport. I was a little riled up b/c i had scoured the information packet several times and knew i only needed ONE primarly document - my license. I told him that but he parroted himself a few times before i finally realized he was looking for a valid ID. When that became clear, i narrowed down the problem more directly. Apparently, my license was expired! It expired *exactly* one month before the test date on my birthday. Doesn't California send you something in the mail to remind you of the renewal? arg... If this guy hadn't pointed it out, I might have gone for YEARS without knowing i had an expired license. At this point, i was still resentful b/c it's not like he didn't know who i was simply b/c the date had passed, but he was nice enough to let me SPEED home and pick up my passport and drive back to take the test. I was out of breath and much rattled but at least it's over!

*support update: it's very different raising support when you're in college and when you're out. I just remember the number of checks I received in the $15 range when I went to Kazakstan. Knowing working people is nice - heehee! My supporters have really been sooo generous! It's seriously the highlight of my day opening my mailbox and seeing another support response. It's such an encouragement to know that I'll have such a strong base of people praying for me!

the other highlight of my days is looking at my friend's baby-blog. Her son is just SOOO cute and even though i just look at the same pictures everyday until she updates again, i love it. I can't wait for my other friend's baby girl to be born! and b/c she'll be close by, i'm even more excited! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home