Hey Yu!

Friday, April 22, 2005

You know you really need to workout when...
you're the designated cook at a Korean bbq restaurant and your arm is sore the next day.

Yes, it's pathetic...i've done 4 exercisy things since the daylight savings change in Dec:
2 snowboarding excursions
2 swing dancing evenings.
yup, that's all. my heart is prolly going to stop pumping soon because of my lack of exercise... i feel so hypocritical teaching health to my 7th graders. =)

but today finally motivated me to exercise more. the reason? i almost got completely wiped out while dancing. that's really sad - when i'm forced to sit down and rest while doing something i love love love! my legs started to get tired and even sadder is that my lower back began to hurt! yes, i'm older now but i don't think i can attribute that to old age.

but all in all, dancing again was so much fun. i found that there's a slightly different style to swinging in LA. it's the first thing i've found about this city that is subtle... usually this town is about being flamboyant (whether in material things, in your actions, in style, etc) but the moves on the floor were quiet, yet smooth. i'm quite bouncy when it comes to social dancing...bobbing is not even a strong enough word - you have to use "bouncy" because i have a lot of vertical energy. I had to unlearn that tonight and some other things...I had to re-learn a couple steps for the lindy and make my arm firmer. the venue was really cool. it reminded me of Jammix at stanford where everyone felt comfortable asking anyone to dance. I met some of the most interesting people and I was quite impressed with the quality of male leads. I'd say 95% of the guys i danced w/ tonight had strong leading technique and style. i love the challenge of having to adapt to each new partner.

but my wimpiness ain't cutting it so i am going to come out of my winter hybernation and do some more active stuff. hmm... anyone want to come watch me fall on my rollerblades?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home