Hey Yu!

Monday, January 31, 2005

i'm still up b/c i took a nap today. i took a nap b/c i was tired. i was tired b/c i went *snowboarding* this weekend! =)

i think i'm anti-athletic. i'm basically not good at any sports. i didn't grow up playing anything and therefore, i lack coordination...esp. when it comes to something with a ball. but regardless, i still enjoy trying, and i'm so glad that i can laugh at myself.

some members of my small group and i trekked to Mammoth. The drive there was slippery b/c of the rain but that made for perfect powder conditions up on the mountain. It was a gorgeous Saturday morning as I made my way up to the top of a green lift. I think i have a slight fear of heights and I also am not too comfortable w/ the feeling of going "downhill"...so i paused to wonder why i was trying this new sport. But wow, it was fun!! It's not easy and nothing sporty comes intuitively to me but even the falling was fun. (the slight whiplash isn't fun but the soreness is a constant reminder of the great time i had.)

the best part was that some of the really good people stuck around w/ us newbies to give us some pointers - both before and after our lesson. they were super patient and i was reminded how far a little encouragement can go. those kind words spoken right after a big fall really help you to get up and keep going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home